Technical Sales/Proposals Engineer (Mechanical OR Electrical)
Up to £40,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Proposals Engineer with a mechanical or electrical background or are you a mechanical or electrical Engineer looking to move into a more sales orientated role?
We are recruiting a Proposals Engineer to join our client based in Ely.
This is a technical sales position with the objective to contribute in all aspects of producing project solutions, costings and final Proposal preparation from initial enquiry stage.
The role of the technical sales position is to deliver sales success by supporting the Sales team to deliver year-on-year growth
This position will require a broad engineering background with key understanding of materials handling, electrical power requirements, control gear requirements for the equipment offered and/or knowledge of fabricated structural design and design requirements.
- Create Project solutions based on the individual client’s needs
- Manage each Proposal in line with the proposal process
- Ensure the work performed during the Proposal process is managed with a unique proposal number & charge number and that the proposal is delivered on time
- Set up and organise proposal review meetings
- Ensure applicable data and information is provided and used when quoting
- Ensure clarity and understanding of the cost calculation and build-up of the proposal highlighting the risks and ensure these have been minimised
- Ensure there is a clear understanding of any commercial risks within the proposal, and when required it is discussed and if necessary, provisions are made
- Continuous improvement of internal technical and costing calculations as required
- Utilising previously purchased/design items to come up with new project solutions
- Manage the preparation of the ‘bid / quotation’ for submission
- Facilitation of internal sign-off procedure for all formal offers prior to release
- Handover process to sales for submission and further negotiation
- Ensure the Work/Quote Log is updated with relevant data on completion of quotation, drawing and/or general information
- Commercial understanding to prepare technical and commercial proposals, experienced in bid writing, pricing, and tender submissions
This is a primarily office-based role but will also require travel within the UK and overseas to attend site visits and customer meetings to support the sales team.
Knowledge and skills required
- In-depth knowledge of Electrical power and control requirements for medium scale equipment and/or knowledge of Mechanical handling equipment and design process
- The ability to understand official RFQ (Request For Quotes)
- Must be able to read and understand Technical drawings
- Constant innovator and client orientated solutions provider
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- AutoCAD 2D proficient /qualified (Autodesk AutoCad 2018)
- The ability to use RSTAB/RFEM could be beneficial
- The ability to use Microsoft Project could be beneficial
If you have not received a response from me within 4 working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful for this vacancy. We update our vacancies daily so please do not hesitate to apply if another vacancy catches your eye.
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.