We have an exciting opportunity to join a global company at their location in Ely. The role is for a Software Engineer reporting to the Software Engineering Team Leader.
The role of Software Engineer is to work within the Engineering team to design and implement Software. Part of the role is the design and implementation of stable/reliable, intuitive, user friendly applications using platform appropriate technologies and languages whilst maintaining quality and producing code that adheres to common software engineering standards.
Duties / Responsibilities
- The design and implementation of stable/reliable, intuitive, user friendly applications using platform appropriate technologies and languages.
- Maintain quality by ensuring applications are fully tested prior to final release.
- To produce code that can be readily understood and maintained by other team members, that adheres to common software engineering standards (OOD and MVVM, for instance).
- Participate in code reviews, testing and architectural design.
- Write and maintain appropriate user and technical documentation.
- Produce applications that contribute positively to the overall User Experience (UX).
- Take ownership of software applications and projects.
- Coordinate, attend and actively contribute in meetings to capture project requirements.
- Ensure all requirements are properly documented in TFS.
- Provide a positive support experience to both internal and external customers.
- Show initiative and develop desirable software features.
- To contribute to project planning of new software features using a Scrum-based methodology.
- Learn new programming languages, methodologies and design-patterns as and when appropriate in order to fulfil other responsibilities.
Required experience and skills
- Extensive experience in C# and WPF, using MVVM and OOD techniques.
- Extensive experience of Microsoft Visual C/C++.
- Experience of developing .NET Components and Controls.
- Experience of developing hardware control systems.
- The ability to listen, communicate effectively and work well in a multidisciplinary team.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated with a creative ability and driven to learn and improve.
- Takes pride in own work and the resulting software.
Hours: Monday / Friday 8am – 4:30pm
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.