Quality & Vendor Development Engineer
Have you led or been involved in a LEAN transformation?
Do you have a proven track record of improving Quality?
This is a great opportunity for a Quality & Vendor Development Engineer to join our client based in Ely as they embark on a LEAN transformation!
- Work closely with shop floor teams resolving quality problems
- Promote the use of structure problem solving techniques such as 8D/Root Cause Analysis
- Publish Quality Performance data ensuring the main issues are resolved
- Work closely with external vendors to improve the standard of delivered quality
- Co-ordinate internal quality training
- Ensure manufacturing Visual Quality Standards are adhered to and understood
- Support line management to resolve all internal and external NCR/RMA quality problems
- Ensure all lessons learned through problem solving are reflected in Standard Operative Procedures
- Promote the elimination of waste
- Support line management with the use and implementation of LEAN quality improvement tools
- Audit external sub-contractors as required
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven track record of driving structured problem solving and delivering permanent change
- Good understanding of how to improve quality and the use of LEAN manufacturing tools
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Good understanding and practical knowledge of precision machining and assembly
- Ability to multitask, time manage and work independently
- Ability to communicate well with the team and get people on your side
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Visio and Excel
Hours: Monday – Friday 08:00-16:30
If you feel like this is the next step for your career within Quality Improvement, please apply now!
If you have not received a response from me within 4 working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful for this vacancy. We update our vacancies daily so please do not hesitate to apply if another vacancy catches your eye.
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.