Quality / Health and Safety Manager
Based in Ely my clients are a fast developing and leading manufacture of an innovative and exciting product base.
Due to continued expansion my clients are seeking to strengthen the operational team by appointing a QHSE Manager who can drive a culture of quality excellence through continuous improvement of quality systems and manufacturing processes.
Your role will involve:
- Manage the site quality team, leading on the education of the operations team on best quality practices for the business to ensure the product meets the standards required by the customer
- Be a role model for quality excellence; promote and drive a culture of quality excellence, with active prevention of quality issues/complaints and a strong emphasis that everyone has a responsibility for product/process quality
- Promote a culture of positive safety behaviours at site, demonstrate strong safety leadership and address unsafe behaviours/working practices to coach the right behaviours
- Provide monthly Site Quality & Safety Performance reports to Site Director and Regional CEO
- Actively work with NPD & NPI to ensure the quality of the product, tooling and tool implementation is an integral part of the overall process to enable delivery of product ‘right first time’
- Ensure all complaints are fully investigated with a root cause analysis to enable corrective action to be taken and communicated effectively to prevent reoccurrence
- Respond to customer complaints appropriately, ensuring the feedback is clear and commercially focused
- Deliver and implement service improvements which meet customer requirements and comply with legislation e.g. BRC, ISO 9001
The ideal candidate will have:
- An HND or relevant qualification
- Demonstrable experience of working in a manufacturing environment with multiple stakeholders
- Active working knowledge of BRC/ISO standards & activity to attain highest award
- Knowledge/understanding of methodologies SPC, FMEA, RCA or similar
- Ability to engage with, influence and align others towards a common purpose with high energy level and ability to balance multiple activities
- Motivated to make a difference, results focused and inspires others to get things done in the right way
This is a full-time position working 40 hours Monday to Friday. My clients offer a competitive benefits package including:
4 x Life Assurance
Notice period 3 months after probation
25 days holiday plus BH per annum. Holiday year is Jan to Dec.
10% Bonus – The scheme is non-contractual & linked to business performance
If you have not received a response from me within 4 working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful for this vacancy. We update our vacancies daily so please do not hesitate to apply if another vacancy catches your eye.
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.