Quality Control Inspector (Shift)
Based in Ely As Quality Control Inspector, you are responsible to the Quality Control Team Leader for monitoring and assessing the development of all products manufactured, inspected, tested and terminated by our clients. This is a shift-based role working 46 hours per week. Shift allowance applies.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Monitor processes involved in the production of the product using Inspection and Test Plans and designated Manufacturing documentation to ensure compliance with client requirements.
- Carry out process audits and maintain records to provide assurance that the quality related activities are carried out exactly the way they have been planned and approved.
- Verify and sign off start up and in process production documentation to ensure that important parameters are achieved.
- Facilitate NCR/ITQ/DCR processes, including CAPA, to ensure compliance with ISO 9001.
- Inspect and test supplied parts to ensure they comply with purchase specification and drawings. Review documentation against Supplier Documentation Requirement JQ5.08.12100 and EN 10204 to ensure compliance.
- Support root cause analysis of issues regarding the quality of the product to evaluate the need for action to eliminate the cause(s) of the nonconformity in order that it does not recur or occur elsewhere.
- Develop and maintain visual management to allow quick recognition of the information being communicated in order to increase efficiency and clarity.
- Provide assistance with Internal Audit requirements to provide information on whether the Company management systems conforms to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and its own requirements and is effectively implemented and maintained.
- Assist with Calibration administration to ensure the accuracy of the measurement instruments.
- Assist with QMS documentation administration to maintain compliance with ISO 9001 and Company Document Control Procedure.
- Liaise with the Plant Manager and all relevant departments to ensure that the agreed customer required delivery targets are fully met and prepare dispatch documentation
- Compile, issue and administer route cards and job sheets for the products to be manufactured. Amending/updating as and when required.
- Issue work order travellers and check material availability as required for each manufacturing operation to ensure the production comply with the schedule.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
- Root Cause Analysis and using evidence
- Knowledge of NCR’s – Non-conformance reports
- Knowledge of CAPA – Corrective and preventative actions
- Technical knowledge within mechanical or electrical equipment
- Experienced in data analysis
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage effectively with the staff across all levels at the facility to ensure a thorough understanding of quality issues
- A background in reviewing processes in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Risk Assessments within the work place and how to adhere to them
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the general principles of manufacturing
- Lean manufacturing experience
- A working knowledge of quality management systems requirements.
- Experience of working with Visual
If you have not received a response from me within 4 working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful for this vacancy. We update our vacancies daily so please do not hesitate to apply if another vacancy catches your eye.
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.