Quality and Vendor Development Engineer
Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 – 16:30 (37.5 hours per week)
We are looking for a Quality and Vendor Development Engineer to lead the drive for quality improvement within a designated area of the business.
As a Quality and Vendor Development Engineer, you will have a proven track record of improving the quality of products within an engineering or scientific environment and be a proactive problem solver with the confidence to work individually or within a team. You will work closely with the Purchasing and Process Improvements Teams improving the quality of delivered product from external suppliers.
- Work closely and collaboratively with shop floor teams resolving quality problems on the shop floor
- Promote the use of structured problem-solving techniques such as Root Cause Analysis / 8D
- Publish Quality Performance data ensuring the main issues are resolved
- Work closely with external Vendors and Subcontractors improving the standard of delivered quality
- Co-ordinate internal Quality Training
- Ensure manufacturing Visual Quality Standards are adhered to and understood on the shop floor
- Support line management with the use and implementation of LEAN Quality Improvement Tools
- Handle NCR quality issues for both internal and external Customer / Vendor Quality problems
- Ensure all lessons learned through problem solving are reflected in Standard Operating Procedures
- Promote the elimination of waste in all its forms
- With the Purchasing and Process Improvement Teams Audit External Sub-contractors as required
- Proven track record of problem solving and delivering permanent change
- Good understanding of how to improve Quality and the use of LEAN Manufacturing tools
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Good understanding and practical knowledge of machining and assembly
- Ability to multitask, time manage and work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS office, Visio and Excel
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.