Purchasing Assistant / Buyer in Brandon, Suffolk (Immediate position)
Location: Brandon, Suffolk
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Hours: Full Time Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm
Working within the purchasing team of a well-known manufacturing company based in Brandon.
Duties will include:
- Place purchase orders for inventory via requisition
- Release MRP planned orders in timely fashion
- Liaising and chasing the orders from suppliers on a daily basis
- Manage & Expedite Purchase Orders in commodity/Vendor Group
- General document control including distribution and filing of orders after placement
- Help maintain approved suppliers database logging failures, performance etc.
- Identify and inform operational management & Accounts of potential risks to supply
- Create & maintain SAGE system static data on products covered by commodity group
- Maintain and monitor inventory levels on assigned items and advise on excess or obsolete inventory
- Familiarise yourself with relevant British & European standards to ensure that components requested for purchasing meet all necessary standards.
- As a member of the purchasing team, you may on occasions, be asked to assist on a variety of projects unrelated to your primary work
Skills & experience required:
- Experience of placing, chasing and managing purchase orders and suppliers.
- Experience working with SAGE or similar ERP or MRP system.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to adapt well to changing priorities.
- Comfortable with both volume and variety – keep it simple approach.
- Good level of skill with MS Office products.
If you have not received a response from me within 4 working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful for this vacancy. We update our vacancies daily so please do not hesitate to apply if another vacancy catches your eye.
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.