Production Team Leader
Are you looking for a new job where you can lead and motivate a team?
Have you got a strong knowledge of Mechanical Manufacturing assembly techniques?
We have an exciting opportunity to join a global company at their location in Ely with a competitive pay rate and room to develop within the role. The role is for a Production Team Leader, reporting to the Business Unit Leader; supporting assemblers during their shifts.
Key Leadership Responsibilities
- Ensure all assemblers are safe and adhering to all PPE requirements and safe working practices
- Address staff issues immediately
- Daily motivation of team members and completion of quarterly appraisals
- Communication of goals and objectives
- Development of strategies to promote team member adherence to regulations
- Assist in hiring and training new starters
- Conduct return to work interviews and disciplinary actions
Key Functional Responsibilities
- Attend daily production meetings
- Implement daily production plans provided by the planning team
- Identify production flow issues quickly and escalate to the Production Manager
- Ensure that all shift SOP changes are added to the system before the end of the shift
- Ensure that all rejected parts are out of the production areas by the end of the shift
- Identify and lead implementation of process improvements activities in work methods and techniques to increase efficiency in manufacturing
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Previous supervisory/team leader role experience
- Knowledge of Mechanical Manufacturing assembly techniques
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude with a relentless desire to improve quality and performance
- To be able to interpret mechanical/engineering and assembly drawings
- A good understanding of production methods and best practices
- Strong communication and organisational skills
Hours: Monday – Thursday 6.30am – 3.15pm, Friday 6.30am – 12.30pm Friday
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits package
If you feel like this is the perfect leadership role for you, please apply now!
If you have not received a response from me within 4 working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful for this vacancy. We update our vacancies daily so please do not hesitate to apply if another vacancy catches your eye.
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.