This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly regarded team as a Pastry Chef working at a well-known, prestigious company in Newmarket.
We are looking for someone who prides themselves in producing the highest possible food quality within the pastry section, whilst adhering to company guidelines and service concepts at all times.
If you are an experienced pastry chef who has inspiring and fresh ideas when it comes to devising menus, please do not delay and apply today!
- Working as part of a team of two pastry chefs you will support the Executive Head Chef in running the pastry section
- Prepare all food orders as they are received in accordance with menu specifications, ensuring proper plate presentation
- Set up for lunch and dinner by ensuring proper amounts are in place for forecasted covers, special functions and all reservations
- Order adequate supplies for own section
- Ensure that food from own section is delivered on time
- Ensure readiness in case of last minute changes to reservations
- Maintain an exact record of preparation, cooking and presentation specifications of all dishes produced
- Co-ordinate job tasks with staff in own section
- Thinking of inspiring fresh ideas when devising menus
- Give full co-operation to any colleagues requiring assistance in a friendly and helpful manner
- Maintain effective communication within the team and attend meetings and training sessions when required
- Attend daily briefings
- Follow applicable laws regarding food safety and sanitation whenever required
- Ensure that all food items are stock rotated, dated and labelled, cling filmed and stored appropriately
- Follow the proper safety, hygiene and sanitation practices set by the Head Chef
- Maintain own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good working order
The company have the possibility of being able to offer staff accommodation, so if you are looking to relocate this could be an option to consider.
Hours: Full time including weekends
Benefits: Free on duty meals, free gym membership, restaurant discount, plus more
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.