Location: Waterbeach, Just North of Cambridge
Benefits:23 days holiday plus bank holidays, company pension, life assurance, on-site parking, flexi-time (to be agreed with the manager) and a variety of social staff events.
Our client is looking for a committed and hardworking professional who will join a fast-paced logistics team. The Import / Export Assistant will be part of a small and productive team where they will need to use their own initiative and have a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude.
As the Import / Export Assistant you will be reporting directly to the Sales Logistic Manager and the position will involve processing and progressing all orders from order acceptance and acknowledgement through to delivery and acceptance by the customer.
- Acknowledging and accepting all orders and sales orders within Sage accounts
- Liaising with customers on orders to obtain all the necessary information prior to shipment;
- Maintaining orders in progress files
- Maintaining spreadsheets and a full audit trail for all products
- Producing invoices, pro-formas and delivery notes
- Producing shipping documentation as required
- Applying for relevant UK export licences/certificate of orgin/EUR 1 certificates/ATR certificates, carnets and marine insurance certificates
- Arranging shipments with courier companies and freight forwarders and ensuring goods are shipped in accordance with the Incoterms and the company’s payment terms and export compliance
- Dealing with freight quotations and checking freight and other suppliers’ invoices
- Liaising with carriers/clearing agents re: clearing instructions for import/export of goods to ensure customs entries are correct (Commodity codes, CPC, etc) and all paperwork is complete for goods in transit through customs (inbound and outbound)
- Dealing with RMAs for repairs or warranty replacements and liaising with our engineering and production departments to ensure goods are shipped back in accordance with our IPR authorisation
- Processing Letters of Credit (LOCs) and Bank Guarantees
- Maintaining correct filing procedures/record-keeping for DiT and HMRC audits
- Ordering courier supplies
- Additional adhoc reception/admin duties
- Previous experience in a logistics role (import/export, customs procedures) would be essential.
- Previous knowledge of Sage order processing, despatching and invoicing customers is preferred;
- Good planning and organisational skills and a high attention to detail;
- Effective communication skills with an excellent telephone manner;
- Ability to work both on your own and as part of a small team;
- The ability to take responsibility for quality of work produced and be able to adapt to priorities and ad-hoc workloads.
A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required together with accurate typing and computer literacy skills. Previous experience of Sage is preferred however full training will be given.
If you have not received a response from me within 4 working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful for this vacancy. We update our vacancies daily so please do not hesitate to apply if another vacancy catches your eye.
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.