Job ID: JHB7548
My clients, a highly regarded and established Engineering firm close to Ely are recruiting a newly appointed position as HR Assistant to UK HR Manager.
Support the achievement of business objectives within the company by assisting site managers through professional, commercial and pragmatic HR administration, advice and support.
- Coordinate the recruitment life cycle to advertise vacancies, liaise with recruitment agencies, respond to applicant queries, participate in recruitment interviews, facilitate psychometric assessments and send out offer packs
- Produce and issue all offer letters, contracts of employment and benefit details (a.k.a. offer packs) within required timelines whilst ensuring complete accuracy
- Undertake all required pre-employment checks, (e.g. health screening, eligibility to work in UK, qualification checks, driving and vehicle checks, etc.) updating and discussing with line manager and Regional HR Manager as appropriate
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining appropriate administration systems, processes and files ensuring that all relevant information is kept up to date and accurate and is accessible to all team members
- Request references for new employees and reply to references for ex-employees on behalf of the company
- Oversee the induction and on-boarding processes ensuring all processes are tightly followed, facilitating a seamless integration of new hires into the business
- Conduct new joiner meetings and ensure 3 and/or 6-month probation review meetings are undertaken by line managers, addressing any issues and feeding back to the Regional HR Manager
- Maintain, map and review site HR ‘work flow ‘processes and practices to ensure compliance with service level agreements and consistent delivery of a professional HR service
- Ensure the compilation and accuracy of all monthly payroll data (starters/changes/leavers) for the site, ensuring that all information is received in a timely fashion so that overall data is transferred to payroll by the monthly deadline
- Manage the administration of employee benefits, such as the long service awards, ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme, registrations for the Childcare Voucher Scheme and other relevant benefits
- Co-ordinate the annual salary review process across site and manage “out of cycle” salary increase requests. Work closely with Regional Payroll Manager to ensure accuracy for the site payroll
- Maintain compliance training information
- Work with site function managers to understand their need for agency staff; liaise with the agency provider to ensure temporary employment needs are covered in a timely manner
- Ensure employment relations issues are dealt with fairly and pragmatically. Identifying and highlighting to Regional HR Manager any potential risks to the business, making certain thorough investigations are conducted, fully considering the right course of action and identifying areas for improvement
- Support the development of common reporting processes to ensure that the Group HR Director, Regional HR Manager and senior business leaders are appropriately informed about performance indicators such as absences, headcount, turnover, performance reviews, reward and tracking of ER issues
- Ensure the provisions of the GDPR are adhered to at all times
- CIPD Level 3 CHRP/DHRP or working towards
- HR Professional with 2 years proven and successful experience within a similar role
- Strong IT skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to learn new systems quickly
- You will need to be an efficient and capable HR professional who a can quickly demonstrate your flexible approach to your workload and establish yourself within a busy and demanding role
In return my clients offer a highly competitive benefits package.
If you have not received a response from me within 4 working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful for this vacancy. We update our vacancies daily so please do not hesitate to apply if another vacancy catches your eye.
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.