Salary £30,000 + benefits
Assistant Test and Termination Technician (Shift Pattern)
Based in Littleport The Test and Termination Technician is responsible for the assembly of metal work and the test and verification conformance of all products manufactured within our clients materials purchased by our client and free issue parts supplied by customers.
Please note that this is a shift based role as per the following:
4 on 4 off days
4 on 4 off nights
The working hours are 6am – 6pm/6pm – 6am depending on whether you are day or night shift = a 12 hour day. You will work 2 weeks day shift and 2 weeks night shift on a rotailtional basis with a shift allowance of 23%
Main responsibilities of the role:
- In-process and final Testing, Termination and Inspection of all manufactured products by and in accordance with individual manufacturing specifications, FAT procedures, quality plans, relevant JQ procedures or any other test criteria laid down by the Design or Quality departments.
- The mechanical assembly of termination parts and electrical connectors within the specific scope of supply as well as swaging of hydraulic/pneumatic hoses and their integration to stab plates, winches and QRC’s to ensure agreement with manufacturing specifications.
- Be competent in the use of different resins/moulding materials and the various preparation techniques currently employed within the termination department to ensure conformance of all products manufactured.
- Assist with the training of others to ensure compliance, e.g. New staff/inductions
- Ensure that the machine and working environment is clean and tidy and complies to Health and Safety requirements/policy
- Electrical/hydraulic background
- A willingness to learn and follow set procedures
- PC literate
- Proven experience in fault finding and problem solving using tools such as 8D and S.R.E.D.I.M
- Tronic terminations experience
- Reeler completion experience
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.