Are you analytical and detail orientated? Do you have demand forecasting or inventory management or production planning experience?
We are looking for a Demand Planner to develop operational demand forecasts for a business in Ely.
As Demand Planner, you will review historical sales trends, estimate future demand, develop forecast models and evaluate forecast results.
This is a varied position with duties including:
- Creating and importing the business forecast
- Develop effective forecast models based on trends and demand patterns
- Work collaboratively with account managers and their customers to improve forecast
- Successfully coordinate and communicate forecast and inventory estimations to supply planning & management
- Interact with internal and external sales to understand demand forecast and refine the
forecast model to reflect updated sales and projected pipeline
- Provide detailed trend analysis
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy
- Conduct monthly forecast maintenance
- Analyse inventory flow and report accordingly
- Develop statistical forecasting information and evaluate forecast results
- Summarise trends
- Review large data sections & create a concise data summary
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner
- Regularly complete designated training and procedure updates
Essential skills and experience
- Demand forecasting/inventory management/production planning experience
- Statistical analysis
- Understanding of the manufacturing process
- Good working knowledge of ERP systems (desirable)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Excel
This is great opportunity to develop within a friendly and professional team.
Hours: Monday-Friday 40 hours per week
Salary: Up to £33,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension, life assurance, healthcare
cash plan and free parking