09 Jun East Anglia Business Webinar Series
Our new East Anglia Business Webinar Series. Is a 6-part series for organisations across East Anglia to discuss key topics in business right now.
As businesses are taking steps to come out of lockdown and support the local economy, everyone inevitably faces challenging times ahead.
By supporting each other, sharing knowledge and new ideas – we can do it together! We are partnering with local businesses to bring you practical advice and knowledge from their experiences. From virtual hiring practices, recruitment marketing, employment law, how to motivate remote employees and preparing to return employees to work.
In this series you will meet Hayley Murfitt, Director of Sales at Neaves & Neat, and a range of guests from local companies to discuss business across East Anglia.
You will be able to ask live questions to our expert panel and find new ways for your business to come out stronger.
Episode 1: Virtual Hiring
In 2018, 49% of hiring managers and recruiters said that video interviews were a part of their recruitment process.
Today, many employers have moved their entire workforce to remote positions in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, putting hiring in new a unique position. In order to stay in touch with candidates and continue hiring video interviews are a must, while remote onboarding is often the only way to start new employees.
- How video interviews are the new norm
- The pros and cons of onboarding remotely
- How to successfully implement new virtual hiring processes into your business.
Episode 2: Recruitment marketing post pandemic
As we enter a new world of work, employers are beginning to hire again.
- How will your marketing strategies change to attract talent?
- Has this changed your marketing strategies?
- What will new employer brand look like?
- What’s the best way to maximise your employer brand?
In this episode we will be discussing employer brand strategies with two experts, Jan Back and Victoria Rush:
- New candidate attraction strategies
- Building an Employer Brand
- Making your employees your brand advocates
Whether you’re a marketer, a recruiter or a business leader, there has never been a more important time to get your marketing in order, than now.
Join Hayley Murfitt, Director of Sales at Neaves & Neat discussing recruitment marketing strategies with Jan Back, Global Employer Brand Recruitment Marketing Partner at AstraZeneca, and Victoria Rush, host of The Recruitment Marketing Podcast.
Episode 3: HR & Employment Law update
During the COVID-19 pandemic there has been an increase in legislation for employers to follow.
Every few weeks the government is announcing new legislation surrounding employees and furlough. This is often creating more questions than answers, so our panel of experts are on hand to help.
- We will be diving into the rules and regulations around key HR and employment topics, with Ashtons HR Consulting, including:
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme including the latest furlough updates
- Employment Law
- Annual leave
This is a great opportunity to ask your questions to our panel of HR experts; Jessica Piper, Solicitor and Lucy Pakes, HR Consultancy Business Manager from Ashtons HR Consulting.
Episode 4: How to motivate your employees remotely
Many businesses have crossed the first hurdle moving their teams into remote positions by; ensuring employees can access the correct systems, new processes defined, and employees are comfortable working via video.
However this is only the first step, working from home requires new ways of motivating colleagues, making sure they feel engaged and part of the team.
Is there more you could be doing to engage your team?
Join Hayley Murfitt, Sharon Jones and Helen Ginman to discuss:
- Motivating employees
- Mental health and wellbeing
- New processes to ensure productivity and engagement from employees working remotely
- Adjusting to a “new normal” working from home routine
- Positive steps you can be taking to improve communication and productivity
Episode 5: Planning for your business post Covid-19
The safety and wellbeing of workers is now number one priority for businesses. First and foremost, we must ensure that employees are as safe as possible, then businesses can begin planning for post COVID-19 working conditions. Including; securing financial sustainability, assessing the resilience of supply chains and reinforcing essential systems to support unprecedented levels of remote working
Topics we will be covering, include:
- Companies who have gone digital are adapting to the crisis better than their peers.
- Adjustments to make for the safety and wellbeing of employees
- How leaders need to devise a lockdown exit strategy
- Communication with employees, customers and suppliers
Episode 6: Preparing for your employees to return to work
After an unprecedented few months, some employees will be cautious about returning to work. While for some, being on furlough may bring a lack of confidence.
In this episode, Hayley is joined by Anthony Sutton, Hannah Guy and Di Wright, to discuss new ways to prepare your workspace for employees to return as well as tips for communicating with your employees ahead of their return.
Our HR and Health and Safety experts will be bringing you COVID-19 specific advice on the following:
- Addressing HR strategy
- Practical advice on making your workplace COVID secure
- Discussing challenges posed by redundancy and contract variations
- What to include in your COVID risk assessment
- Real world example of employees successfully returning the workplace.